Struggling To Become a CCNA ? Pass Now
No need to worry, I'm here to guide you. I have gained my CCNA after going through a well organised study technique. I was able to score 986/1000 in my first attempt for which I studied hard for a month not more than that. I want you to go through the simple study plan which I'm suggesting for getting success in CCNA exam. The technique which I'm going to explain is also useful for pursuing your CCNP and higher certificatons. Post your queries and request and check my post regularly on this blog for your success.

I completed my CCNA, CCNP & CCIP (BGP+MPLS) and working towards CCIE.
Trust me, I will show you the right path. I started this blog in the year 2007, I could not post regularly since I was busy with my project. Now I have decided to help young people who are eager to succeed. I would be really happy to help anyone who is really interested in succeeding in career.
Google
 

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cisco Router Simulator - A Checklist For Choosing the Right Simulator For Your CCNA

A Cisco router simulator is an important tool for any CCNA candidate to prepare for the CCNA. This is because having hands-on knowledge is an important part of passing the CCNA these days. Skills such as configuration and troubleshooting are extremely prized amongst prospective employers. Thus, you definitely need to get a Cisco router simulator if you want to have any hope of passing the CCNA and getting that first network engineer job. Here is a short checklist of items to look out for when buying a Cisco router simulator:

1. What is included? - You need to check what is included in the simulator package. Is it a pure simulator with no included labs and guidance? Most Cisco router simulator packages have guided lab exercises which you can complete. These exercises cover the whole breadth of the CCNA exam and you can be more confident of passing the exam if you are able to do them well. If the package does not come with included lab exercises you might be forced to purchase them elsewhere which would be an additional cost.

2. Instructor -
If the lab exercises are included (they should be included for most quality CCNA simulators), do check to see who is the instructor who wrote the lab. This is no guarantee of quality but a highly experienced trainer who has worked in the networking industry for many years with true practical experience definitely will be able to write better labs. These labs should be as close to a real networking issue and situation so that you can get the necessary hands-on knowledge.

3. Cost -
A good Cisco router simulator should not be too expensive. A quality product can be purchased for less than $150, with free shipping from the major online retailers. This cost is definitely much lower than buying used Cisco devices from sites like eBay, so using a Cisco router simulator is definitely a very cost-effective way to study for your CCNA.


By,
Francis W Teo

No comments: