Struggling To Become a CCNA ? Pass Now
No need to worry, I'm here to guide you. I have gained my CCNA after going through a well organised study technique. I was able to score 986/1000 in my first attempt for which I studied hard for a month not more than that. I want you to go through the simple study plan which I'm suggesting for getting success in CCNA exam. The technique which I'm going to explain is also useful for pursuing your CCNP and higher certificatons. Post your queries and request and check my post regularly on this blog for your success.

I completed my CCNA, CCNP & CCIP (BGP+MPLS) and working towards CCIE.
Trust me, I will show you the right path. I started this blog in the year 2007, I could not post regularly since I was busy with my project. Now I have decided to help young people who are eager to succeed. I would be really happy to help anyone who is really interested in succeeding in career.
Google
 

Friday, August 12, 2011

Fundamentals of MPLS

MPLS is widely deployed in operators Network in recent days as it is a matured technology now. In earlier days it was implemented cautiously, since the technology was new.

Unlike some of its precursors such as ATM and Framerelay, MPLS uses Control plane mechanism more effectively from the very begining.

MPLS overcomes several drawbacks of conventional networking technologies like speed, scalability, QOS and traffic engineering. MPLS provides a path for reveneue generation for service oriented operators by incorporating several applications over the MPLS backbone.

Before getting into the core concepts of MPLS, It is vital to understand the IP forwarding in traditional IP Networks. In traditional network, NLRI (Network Layer Reachability Information) is propogated using IP routing protocol. The packet forwarding decision is based on destination address only. Therefor when a packet is received by the router , it determines the next hop address by using packets destination address along with its own information that is in forwarding/Routing table.

No comments: